6.02.2010

mine {all mine}















Summer isn't the same here in Oklahoma. I have been trying to find simple things to occupy my time that will make it seem like this place is as good as Kansas. But truth be told, it isn't.

Where are all the oak trees? Do they even have any here?
I need a little less city, more wide open spaces.

The kids that gather at the local snow cone joint make me smile, but there's heartache when I realize it just reminds me of the pool.

My quiet mornings here in the apartment only make me more saddened by the fact that they are no longer filled with screaming children who are starting swim lessons for the first time.


I'm about to drown in self-pity. What a rude awakening. I'm doing this to myself. It's mine. All mine.

Time to go run.

sarahjo

0 shared some love:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio