6.17.2010

{mean what you say}















So, a little over 2 months ago I went with my little sister to see Taylor Swift. It was everything I hoped it would be and so much more. I am constantly overwhelmed by how grateful and shocked she is by the crowd she draws and the amount of fans she has. Taylor has a heart of gold. Seriously.

Not only did she take about 10-15 minutes in between songs to hug as many fans as possible, {she sang up in the stands, then sang a couple other songs in the back row. Sweetheart.} and give away her beautiful headband to a little girl, but she also {of course} invited her very best friend Abigail to the show {who goes to KU, how convenient!}.






Now, my sister and I had some pretty good seats. So why would it surprise me to see Taylor's mom and Abigail walk RIGHT BY US before the concert? It shouldn't. But it did! I found myself practically rubbing elbows/shoulders with celebrities. And yes, I was totally aware that my mouth was wide open. I was being rude. Oops!

But that's not what made my night. Taylor dedicated one of her songs {which I'm sure some of you know "Fifteen" which is written about her} to Abigail. And before she started, she pointed right at Abigail to let the whole crowd know where she was, started strumming her acoustic guitar, and mouthed to her "I love you."

I teared up and held back sobs the entire song. You see, Taylor and Abigail were never the "cool" 0r "popular" girls. But their friendship has a tight bond. They are NOT fair-weather friends. I imagine that Taylor is the kind of girl that takes friendship seriously. Probably doesn't mess around with her gal-pals ex's. And I also imagine that she doesn't say the words "I love you" to just anyone. She MEANS it.

I wanna be that girl. When I say the words, I wanna mean it. I don't ever tell I friend I love them unless I truly do. True friends are hard to come by. They are there through thick and thin. They call you up for no reason at all. They genuinely care about you. They don't talk to you just to have another friend on Facebook, or to be more popular. They LOVE.



By the way, my sister and I did get a picture with Abigail. She's very sweet.



Be a true friend always,

sarahjo

2 shared some love:

Faith said...

Very cool! :)

sarahjobell said...

thanks! btw, love your new little sign off "faith" on your blog. very cute!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio