6.26.2010

{it just} hurts


I am not one to hide my emotions. It always shows on my face and I end up laying it all out on the table. No guessing games. It is my blessing and my curse.

Not too often do I admit to having a tender-heart {yes, it can come out as a emotion}. When others are crying, I cry with them. When others hurt, I ache for them. I share their joys and their anger. So, I guess where my fault lies is to expect others to do the same for me.

But, it doesn't always happen that way. Now, I am used to being pushed away, betrayed and trampled on. And I have my fair share of warnings. This explains why I only have a couple of genuine friends. They are the ones I can confide in. But with everyone else, I lock my heart up with a key and guard it. I play it cool until I feel I can trust someone. Then, I open my heart very hesitantly {at first} and I spill my guts.

And just as quickly as I do, I get hurt all over again.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Even worse, why do we as Christians do this to each other? God knows I am JUST as guilty of this crime as the person who does me wrong. But, I DO NOT want to be that way. I want to LOVE on people. I want them to feel that they can come to me, confide in me, and spill their guts to me. I do not even want to hesitate for a moment to hug on someone or hold their hand or cry with them when they really need someone.

So, I leave us with this: If we are really the body of Christ, then please let your arms reach out, your hands heal, and your words teach.

love well always,

sarahjo

4 shared some love:

Elizabeth said...

"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." [Ephesians 4:15-16] I like Ephesians a lot, and you reminded me of this verse. =] You are in my prayers today Sarah!

sarahjobell said...

thank you. its gonna take awhile for the wound to heal, so your prayers are very much appreciated. you know, just one of those days you wanna crawl into a corner and cry.

Faith said...

So sorry that you are hurting. Sending prayers your way!

sarahjobell said...

thank you, faith. it's so not fun to learn things the hard way.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio