6.08.2010

{this life}


I realized something the other day while chatting with a friend online. As we exchanged stories of how our jobs have been and where and what we wanna do next, it hit me that nursing really isn't my life. It's something I love to do and I don't intend on ever giving it up, but it's not what defines me. And while I am proud of my friend and the fact that she wants to go on to get her Master's and/or be a doctor, I know that's not for me.



I started making a list {do all mine consist of ten points?!} in my head of all the things I want to do::


1. I want to try out for American Idol {I know it's silly, but I came very close to doing so last year}

2. I would love to travel. Not for the rest of my life. But a little.

3. I want to do volunteer work.

4. I want to run the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon at Walt Disney World {the happiest place on earth}

5. I want to play the piano again.

6. I want to learn to wakeboard.

7. I wanna be a photographer. {not professional}

8. I want to craft fun little knick knacks and plant a beautiful garden.

9. I want to be a swim lesson instructor. Always.

10. I want to say out loud what my last dream is... and though I have an idea, God has yet to reveal this beautiful seed that started to root itself months ago.


love you to pieces,

sarahjo

6 shared some love:

Faith said...

Love that you posted your this! I will have to think about mine . . . thanks for the inspiration. PS: AI audition ... do it!! What a great example of living life with no regrets! :)

Keisha Rae said...

I like all of these but 4 and 9.

4 because, honestly I hate to run, I wish I liked, but I just can't.

9 because, well I don't really "dislike" 9, I just have never done it/don't think I ever will haha

I also REALLY think you should try out for AI, I have no idea what you sound like but I am certain of this: it can't be worse than this last season :)

sarahjobell said...

hehe. you guys are so sweet. :) i guess tryouts are in the fall this year because they need to find a replacement for Simon. so we shall see where all the locations are!

sarahjobell said...

p.s. keisha- it's ok girl. you're already tall and skinny! and swim lessons can be rather frustrating... trust me. :/

Faith- yes please do! can't wait to read some more of your cute little blog.

Elizabeth said...

Just thought I would let you know-- I like lists a lot. And I always enjoy reading your point/list-structured blog =]

sarahjobell said...

hehe. thank you liz! LOVE your new post as well. happy to see your return to the blogging world. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio