5.26.2010

{summer} bliss list




















Certain things make every season something special. It seems like here in Oklahoma it skips from winter straight to summer. With some rain in between. Here's a little of what makes summer so impossible to resist {for me}:


1. Gardening. Or the beginning/attempt of doing so. My porch was just starting to look a little plain to me. I couldn't resist these darling little garden markers either. Eek!


2. Vacation is a given. I'm so stoked for Colorado and Chicago/Indiana/Ohio is year! {As I had no vacation/time off last year...pathetic.}


3. Summer Reads. Only one name comes to mind. Sarah Dessen. Maybe I will try to read ALL of them. That will be quite the challenge.


4. Honeysuckle. Best smell in the world. Enough said.


5. Country music. Turn it up. Never has it sounded so good with the windows rolled down driving through the countryside.


6. Backroad Highways. This has always been one of my favorite things. You find some of the coolest things during the summer out there! Like cute little snow cone stands and disowned thrift shops with all the stuff abandoned outside. I was dying to pull over and sift through it. I didn't want to look homeless.


7. Highlights. Ok, so what if my eyebrows clearly reveal that this haircolor is a lie? For now, it's a fun change. I'm going to embrace it.


8. Sunglasses. The only time of the year I wear them. I swear.


9. Sundresses/just dresses. Because seriously, who really wears dresses any other time of the year and doesn't freeze their buns off?! Pictures of some of my fav's to come soon!


10. The lake. I'm kinda sad to be missing out on the tubing, water skiing, and cliff jumping this summer. Boo. I was wanting to try wake-boarding...


Now I just need some white sand and the smell of Siesta Key. {Sigh}. Oh well, maybe next summer?



Enjoy June,









sarahjo

4 shared some love:

Faith said...

I am in love with those garden markers! Where did you find them? Adorable!

sarahjobell said...

Etsy! the girl that makes them is called monkeysalwayslook. she has other equally adorable markers. :)

Elle said...

Most adorable post ever.

sarahjobell said...

thank you so much, Danielle! more to come! :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio