1.03.2011

lesson {learned}






Having a guy dump you and say, "We can still be friends", is like having your mom say "Your dog died but you can still keep it."




After sifting through my collection of quotes on my Mac I finally found this one. And it fit. I've had this conversation with girls and guys many-a-times. And of course I had it again this week with someone. So, here it goes again. You can choose to agree or disagree. But from experience, I have found these two points to be truths::


#1. Ex-girlfriends/boyfriends cannot be friends. Sorry but its true. One person always has feelings for the other if they feel the need to still remain friends. Trust me, I tried this card... twice. It DOESN'T. The ONLY exception is if you two did not date for very long. Meaning a few months. A civil, clean breakup is kinda necessary as well.


#2. Only puppy love exists in the realm of high school. Sorry kidlets, but this is also so very true. I had a couple boyfriends in high school tell me they "loved" me. Of course, you can imagine my surprise when they broke up with ME! Haha! Sorry, but real love goes way deeper than just saying the words and the simple little romantic gestures. It fights for one another. It sacrifices. It goes through its rough times, but you stick it out and bounce back.


I'm in no way saying I have all the knowledge of a loving relationship figured out to a "T". I will be learning and growing in that the rest of my life. But age teaches you something:: no regrets, lessons learned, and forgiveness. I will never forget what those boys did/said to me or the wrongs I did to them. But I have forgiven them.


And I have moved on with my life.

sarahjo

0 shared some love:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio